Saturday, September 11, 2004

Stunning, stunning, stunning ...

Georgia Tech 28, Clemson 24.

Words fail me. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that. How in the HELL did we lose that game?

That's the kind of loss that has the potential to haunt us for the rest of the season, if not the rest of our lives.

I'll post the full horror from the media tomorrow. I mean, later today.

*****************************************************************
Tigers set to tangle with Yellowjackets tonight

And I'm going to have to order it on pay-per-view here in the D.C. area. (We've got Penn State/Boston College.) Unbelievable. Here I am, 20 miles from ACC school Maryland, 95 miles fro ACC school Virginia, AND up to my neck in Virginia Tech fans (a new ACC school), and I've got to watch Penn State and Boston College. I know, BC joins the ACC next year, blah blah blah. But I'm not happy.

Kickoff is at 8 p.m. The game is on ABC -- hopefully where you live, anyway. GO TIGERS!

GAME PREVIEWS: The Greenville News compares Clemson and Georgia Tech to a couple of sumo wrestlers. (I don't get it, either.) There's also a game capsule. The Anderson Independent-Mail says Clemson's passing game is a big threat to Georgia Tech. (The paper also predicts a 37-21 victory for the Tigers.)

The State has its usual pregame package: A look at how they'll try to stop Tech quarterback Reggie Ball, the keys to victory, the advantages, the injury report and the starting lineups.

The Macon Telegraph says Georgia Tech will be looking to shut down Clemson quarterback Charlie Whitehurst. And for more on Georgia Tech, check out the Georgia Tech Sports Blog.

OTHER STORIES: The State focuses on the third anniversary of 9/11 here and here.

MIAMI HOLDS ON: The 'Canes defeated Florida State 16-10 in overtime Friday night.

AROUND THE ACC: In other games, North Carolina travels to Virginia, Duke plays at Connecticut, Maryland hosts Temple, Western Michigan travels to Virginia Tech and Wake Forest plays at East Carolina.

No comments: