Wednesday, January 14, 2004

(UPDATED at 12:57 p.m.)

Football team honored at awards banquet

The Clemson football team held its annual football awards banquet recently. Here's a complete breakdown of who won what.

ANOTHER COMMITMENT: It's safety Adrian Kindred from Opelika, Ala.

NEW UNIS: The Backcountry Conservative has a look at what Clemson's new uniforms could look like. Check it out.

THAT WAS THE YEAR THAT WAS: Here's another look back at the 2003 ACC football season.

ACC SCHEDULING: Now that it's official that Boston College won't join the league until 2005, the ACC is planning to go ahead with scheduling for 2004. The football schedule should be ready by the end of the month.

RIPPING CHARLOTTE, PART II: Well, the e-mail writers in Charlotte have been busy sending missives to that jack-leg writer from Philadelphia who blasted the Queen City as a backward enclave of inbreds, racists and hypocrites. If you don't want to register to read the article, here are some of the more choice responses:

...The South has the most beautiful women in the world. No one argues this. I saw Philly's representatives. I was drunk, and I still wasn't impressed. Rather I was amazed that you people even reproduce. Fat, ugly women that look like their names should be Hank. What a pity.

...Charlotte is a beautiful, clean, family oriented city. Remember the Fresh Prince of Bel Air? Didn't he leave Philadelphia?

...Next time you want to fill space in the days leading up to the game, you would do just as well to draw a crayon picture of the opposing team's mayor and write doody-head next to it. But that may take more talent than you actually have.

...You know, maybe if I were to move to Philly, I'd finally be able to take my kids to a decent strip club. Thanks for opening my eyes, Will.

...I bet you think you're pretty clever, sitting there with Velveeta dripping off your Cheesesteak (Philly's one and only contribution to civilized society), crumbs from your TastyCake on your free size XXXL sportswriter swag shirt.

...I for one am originally from Southampton, Pa. and moved down to the Carolinas 2 years ago. Let me tell you how happy I am to be out of Filthadelphia, the most disgusting, drug filled, crime ridden city I have ever seen. So, you have an art museum. Whoopie!!! Around the corner you have crack alley.

...The only other place I can think of that compares to Philly is that well in Silence of the Lambs. So after the Panthers finish their beat-down of your always-a-bridesmaid-never-a-bride dirty birds, we will put the lotion in the basket and leave as quickly as your deadly, poorly planned roads will allow.

...Tell you what you should do - Head on down to your local cheesesteak shop, order up a 12-incher from whichever mullet-headed goon with an 8th-grade education whom happens to be working that hour, then shove it and this bunch of crap straight up your untalented ass.



Way to go, my fellow Charlotteans!

No comments: