Sunday, January 04, 2004

Peach Bowl postmortems keep rolling in

I'm posting a few more follow-ups to Clemson's huge 27-14 Peach Bowl victory over No. 7 Tennessee today, but with the college football season basically over, I expect the rate of posting to slow down considerably for the foreseeable future.

Don't worry. I'll be monitoring the media for any Clemson football news. I'll do my best to follow recruiting, and I'm sure I'll have plenty to post on Feb. 4, National Signing Day. I'll also follow spring practice and the Orange-White Game. But there may be weeks with little or no Tiger football news.

During the long lulls, I'll try to fill the space with some other stuff to keep your interest. You know, stuff about music, movies, etc.

In the meantime, on with the Peach Bowl aftermath.

WE'RE RANKED: Clemson is ranked 16th in the latest USA TODAY Sagarin ratings. Way to go, guys!

IS CLEMSON BACK? Not so fast, my friend. Or that's what coach Tommy Bowden is saying. (More here and here.)

BRIGHT FUTURE: The Anderson Independent-Mail has a story about how Clemson could be a dominating team in 2004 -- on paper, anyway.

FIVE BIG QUESTIONS FOR 2004: How will the expanded ACC affect the Tigers? Will Derrick Hamilton and Donnell Washington go pro? Read that and more here, along with a projected starting lineup.

'AJC' REPORTS ON GAME: I missed this stuff the other day, but the Atlanta Journal-Constitution has a couple of noteworthy columns about the Peach Bowl. First up is the legendary Furman Bisher, who writes about the unlikely ending to Clemson's up-and-down season.

Next is Mark Bradley, who says you can now tell which school's orange is the real orange.

SO LONG, AARON: Clemson senior kicker Aaron Hunt, who grew up in the heart of Vols country in Oak Ridge, Tenn., reflects on the Tigers' big win.

No comments: