Thursday, January 15, 2004

It's official: McIntosh will be a Tiger

On Wednesday, top prep receiver Mike McIntosh confirmed his commitment to play for Clemson this season. He's one of the top 15 receivers in the country. (More here and here.)

�It�s a great situation for me to come in and play as a true freshman,� said McIntosh. "Derrick Hamilton leaving played a big role in my decision. I knew Tony Elliott was leaving and also Kevin Youngblood was leaving. I knew it was a great opportunity for me to go in and play right away."

McIntosh also liked the stability of the Clemson coaching staff.

"Up at Clemson it is a great coaching situation. I know Coach Tommy is going to be there the next seven years."



Welcome to Clemson, Mike. You're quite a catch. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

WHY SHOULD A RECRUIT SIGN WITH AN ACC SCHOOL? College Football News counts the ways.

No comments: