The first BCS poll of the season is the big news in college football, and Clemson comes in at No. 7 in the first poll.
• ESPN says Clemson may face a tough climb to No. 1 from No. 7. And here's Clemson's BCS history.
• Some computer models have ranked the Tigers as high as No. 3 in the BCS.
• Orange and White examines this season's parallels with the national championship season of 1981.
• Is Sammy Watkins human? The Charlotte Observer investigates. Also, Watkins wins the Paul Hornung Award for his superhuman efforts against Maryland. (More on Watkins here.)
• Dabo Swinney sees lots of lessons from the big comeback against Maryland.
• USA TODAY says Clemson showed some vulnerability on Saturday, as did Georgia Tech.
• O&W takes a quick look-ahead to North Carolina.
• Clemson-Georgia Tech will kick off at 8 p.m. on Oct. 29, possibly as the big national game on ABC.
• And finally, Deadspin notes that an unidentified Clemson assistant coach may be keeping vital game notes inside a Michelle Obama commemorative trapper-keeper. Is somebody taking the first lady's Let's Move! campaign a little too seriously?