Lots of Clemson news out there a day before the game with Maryland. Let's hit the highlights.
• Clemson University President James Barker refutes a Boston Globe report earlier this week that Clemson would join the Southeastern Conference as its 14th member. I'd welcome a move to the SEC myself, and I think a lot of Clemson fans would, too.
• The Washington Post predicts a narrow victory for the Tigers over the Terps on Saturday. Narrow? Clemson Girl sees a 31-20 win for Clemson.
• The Clemson-Maryland series has been a streaky one through the years.
• Here's an injury update for both Clemson and Maryland heading into Saturday's game in College Park. The big news: Maryland's leading tackler, Demetrius Hartsfield, will miss the contest.
• The Terps could play two quarterbacks on Saturday -- Danny O'Brien and the speedy C.J. Brown.
• It's down to the wire in the recruiting battle for North Carolina prep star Carlos Watkins. Will he choose Clemson or Florida? We'll find out later today.