Bowden to kickers: Drop dead!
OK, that's an exaggeration. But this story makes it sound like Clemson's coach is not a huge fan of the skinny guys upon whom so much is often riding in football.
* Offensive line's commitment to excellence: Just being great isn't enough for Clemson's veteran unit.
* Coleman contributes: Remember running back Duane Coleman? After a topsy-turvy couple of years, he's now the leading tackler on the team. Weird.
* Looking back to 1981: As Clemson prepares to celebrate the 25th anniversary of its national championship during Saturday's game against North Carolina, there are a few stories out there about that seminal event.: A look-back at the '81 game against UNC and a story about the reunion of the 1981 team.
* Tobacco roadkill: The ACC's North Carolina schools are really stinking it up this year in football. Well, except for Wake Forest.
* Happy birthday, rock: Apparently, this weekend marks the 40th anniversary of the placing of Howard's Rock at the top of The Hill in Death Valley. Who knew?
* A new Frank Howard quote? I found this on a political blog. I've never heard it before, but it's a pretty good one from the Tigers' legendary coach.