A quick spin through the A.M. cycle of Tiger news online:
• Saturday's game in Blacksburg against the No. 11 Hokies will bring the Tigers into contact with a tough defense and a hostile crowd.
• Virginia Tech's long-term success is strongly linked to its success at keeping its coaching staff together for the long term. It's something Clemson would love to replicate.
• Clemson looks to be Virginia Tech's toughest opponent of the season, according to this Tech-centric preview story from Bleacher Report.
• Eye on the Tigers note that it's been an explosive season in the ACC so far on the offensive side of the ball.
• Shakin' the Southland does an informative Q&A with Gobbler Country, its SB Nation counterpart.
• Will Virginia Tech's injured ace receiver Jarrett Boykin suit up for Saturday's game? The Washington Post's Hokies Journal says it's definitely a possibility.
• ESPN's Heather Dinich makes a point many others have been making today -- Clemson will be the Hokies' biggest test so far this season.