With one day to go to the big game at Virginia Tech, here's some news and notes from hither and yon:
• Clemson punter Dawson Zimmerman is listed as probable for Saturday's game. Zimmerman, who is averaging 43 yards per kick, was hurt in last week's victory against Florida State.
• The Washington Post's Hokies Journal breaks down Saturday's key matchups and offers a prediction: Virginia Tech 31, Clemson 28.
• USA Today rates Saturday's game as one of the week's biggest.
• The Tigers will be looking to snap a long losing streak against the Hokies, a team they haven't defeated since 1989.
• Here's a good column from The Augusta Chronicle on how Dabo Swinney has turned Clemson around with one move -- hiring Chad Morris as offensive coordinator.
• Orange and White says it's been a good week of practice at Clemson. Will it pay off on Saturday? (A note to the Orange and White: You have one of the slickest-looking Clemson-themed websites out there, but its stuff doesn't appear in Google News when you do a search for "Clemson." You might want to get that fixed.)
The Charlotte Observer's Tom Sorensen writes that between Clemson and USC, the state of South Carolina is in a football frenzy. He even floats the possibility that both teams could be undefeated when they play on Nov. 26. He also has this great line: "I moved South in 1981. To an outsider, Clemson felt mythical. Nothing I
had seen prepared me for the manner in which the team and the town came