Blog Poll Roundtable: Like Friday Five, but cooler!!
I saw this thingee on Every Day Should Be Saturday, and I guess I can participate. Here goes:
1. Education. List the region of the country you were born in, what universities you attended and at least one other you would have attended if your alma mater didn't exist.
I was born in S.C. but raised in N.C., and I graduated from Appalachian State University (yes, the same school with the crappy promotional video -- also the same school that reigns as I-AA football champs, so bite me). Obviously, I would have attended Clemson, but the out-of-state tuition was a killer for my family at that time. That, and the fact that I was a lazy, no-school-applying-to bastard my senior year of high school.
2. Sports Affiliations. List your top 10 favorite teams in all of sports in descending order. For instance, your alma mater's football team may be number 1, but perhaps there is a professional team that squeezes in before you get to your alma mater's lacrosse team.
Clemson, Carolina Panthers, Appalachian State, Pittsburgh Steelers, Alabama, Charlotte Bobcats (I know), Atlanta Braves, Baltimore Orioles, U.S. national soccer team, my high school.
3. Movies. List the movie you've watched the most, your favorite sports-related movie, the movie you secretly love but don't like to admit it (possibly a chick flick or b film), and the movie you were (or still are) most looking forward to from this summer's season.
Most? Probably Caddyshack. Favorite sports film? I gotta go with Rudy. Secret love? Clueless. Looking forward to? Talladega Nights.
4. Music. List your favorite band from middle school, high school, college and today. Also, as with the movies, include the song you secretly love but don't like to admit. If Nickleback is involved in any of these responses, please give a detailed explanation as to why, god, why.
Middle School: The Beatles or Lynyrd Skynyrd. High school? The Who. College? Still The Who. Today? I really like Fountains of Wayne. Song I secretly love? Rihanna's SOS.
5. Books. Favorite book you've finished, worst book you've finished and the book you really should read but haven't gotten around to it.
Favorite? Bonfire of the Vanities. Worst? Probably The Confessions of Nat Turner. One I should read? Confederacy of Dunces. Heard it's great, I've actually read a couple of chapters and enjoyed it, but it's one of many that I set down and, for whatever reason, failed to pick back up. Maybe I'll do that on vacation.
6. Travel. Favorite city you've every been to and the one place you still must visit before you shuffle off this mortal coil.
Close call between New York and Las Vegas. I'll give the edge to Vegas, because I've been there many more times than NYC. Still must visit? Tokyo. It just seems so crazy.
7. What do you love most about college football in 20 words or less?
Pageantry, tradition, youthful imperfection, fan involvement, tailgating, drinking.