Friday, February 04, 2005

Follow-ups on Clemson's great recruiting year

Here's an interview with returning defensive back Tye Hill, and here's a story from Clemson's student paper.

WESTZONE PROJECT TO BEGIN: The $45 million renovation of the West End Zone should begin next month.

CRITICAL YEAR FOR IPTAY: Clemson's athletic fundraising organization is hoping to raise big bucks in 2005.

THE FRIDAY FIVE: It's back! Longtime readers of this blog (yes, both of you) will recall that I used to do this every Friday during the off-season, but then the original Friday Five closed shop. Well, it's up and running again at a new home.

If you're unfamiliar, here's how it works. You copy and paste the five questions into your blog, and then post the answers. It's a way to let your readers know a little bit more about you.

OK, here goes:

1. How old were you when you got your drivers license?
16
2. Did you get your own car right away, use the family car, or bum rides from friends?
I had to use the family car for a while, but I got my own vehicle not too long after I got my license.
3. What was your first car and what was it like?
It was a while, 1970 Toyota Corolla. My friends called it the "Snowmobile." It ran pretty well, but it did not have much pickup. One notable feature: the car had automatic transmission, which was dubbed "Toyoglide."
4. How old were you when you got your first traffic ticket and what happened?
I was 18, and I got caught speeding. I was going 88 in a 55 mph zone on I-77 south of Charlotte, near Fort Mill, S.C. By that time (my senior year in high school), I was driving a 1978 Grand Prix, a hand-me-down from my dad. I didn't even see the cop until he was right on my rear end. Scared me to death.
5. What is your favorite car story, be it an accident, road trip, etc?
Hmm. That's a tough one. I guess I'll have to say it was the time I drove from North Carolina to Colorado, then down to New Mexico, then back to North Carolina. It was in the summer of 1997. I took two weeks off from work and went out West to visit some friends. We stayed in Colorado Springs and Denver for a couple of days, then drove down to Albuquerque for a few more days. I'd never driven out West before. It was quite an experience.

No comments: