Thursday, March 10, 2005

Tigers tip off ACC Tournament, Tigerpundit hits the road

Here's a rare basketball-related post for you. Good luck today against the Terps, Tigers. I hope you win and then beat the Tar Heels Friday. I was looking forward to taking part in some ACC-related activities on Friday, but a tragedy has intervened to a minor extent.

Allow me to explain.

A friend of mine and his wife are coming up from Asheville for the tournament, and they said I could have a ticket to Friday's noon session -- the winner of today's CU/Maryland game vs. UNC.

However, the father of one of my best friends from Charlotte, who in many ways was like a second dad to me when I was younger, died the other day. As you can see from his obit, he had quite a full life, and was beloved by many. I'm catching an early flight down there Friday morning for the funeral, which is Friday afternoon.

However, I'll be flying back on Saturday morning and I've got Sunday off from work, so I'm hoping to work in some good socializing with my old Ashevegas friends.

Posting should be light to non-existent over the next few days.

In the meantime, on the eve of spring practice, here's an early preview of the 2005 football season.

No comments: