Thursday, August 01, 2013

Clemson players forced to log off Twitter

Orange & White is reporting that Clemson coach Dabo Swinney will enforce a tough new rule as training camp starts -- no tweeting by Clemson players until the season's over:

"I'm just a believer that these are young people, and all of a sudden you have a guy with 20,000 people following him," Swinney said. "It's just one more thing that you have to check every morning - brush your teeth, comb your hair, shower, eat breakfast, and year, I've got to send my tweet out. In my opinion it's just one more thing." 
And then there's the question of content: the possibility that a spur of the moment, digitalized thought can turn into a national headline. 
"If they say just one little thing just a little wrong - and these are young people - and in the world we live in, it's a firestorm and a I'm having to deal with it," Swinney said. "I don't like distractions - I hate distractions."
Will the coaching staff be able to enforce this? Stay tuned.

No comments: