Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Five-year blogging hiatus ends

Has it really been five years since I last wrote in this space?

Yes. Yes it has.

During that time, Tommy Bowden has departed and Dabo Swinney has taken over as head coach. The Tigers won the ACC's Atlantic Division in 2009. Amazing players such as C.J. Spiller and Jacoby Ford, some of the best ever to wear orange, have come and gone.

And now, in 2011, the Tigers have had one of their most successful streaks ever -- back-to-back victories against nationally ranked teams, including defending national champions Auburn. They're undefeated at 4-0 and ranked 13th and 15th in the national polls.

Coming up this week: A showdown with league powerhouse Virginia Tech at Lane Stadium in Blacksburg.

I can't say if I'll post as often as I did back in my heyday, but it's good to be back.

No comments: