We're getting closer to the big rivalry game on Saturday. Here's what's going on:
• The cousin connection to the big game: Clemson's Andre Ellington and South Carolina's Bruce Ellington.
• Will a night game favor Clemson against USC? History says it will.
• Clemson's recent slide could be blamed on the lost recruiting class of 2009.
• The Post and Courier's Gene Sapakoff says this has been Dabo Swinney's best year at Clemson, and Steve Spurrier's best year at South Carolina.
• Here's another good review for State of Disunion, the new book about the Tigers-Gamecocks rivalry that I highlighted on Monday.
• Did you know that in 1952 the South Carolina State Legislature passed a bill requiring Clemson and USC to play annually? Now you do.
• Athlon has good look at the history behind the rivalry.
• And finally, hip sports website Grantland invites the editors of the student newspapers at Clemson and USC to write about Saturday's game.