Saturday, January 22, 2005

A football-related post, finally

OK, now that the wedding is all out of the way, let's talk college football again.

There have been several Clemson football developments in the past few weeks that I have failed to document, and for that I apologize. I'll try to catch up, so here goes.

THE 2005 SCHEDULE: It's been released, and it looks awesome. (More here, here and here.) We open at home on Sept. 3 against Texas A&M. I anticipate an amazing atmosphere for that game. We also have Miami, Florida State and Boston College at home. I hope I can make that A&M game.

NEW ASSISTANTS: As most of you already know, Clemson has hired three new assistant coaches. They are Rob Spence, who will be the new offensive coordinator, Vic Koenning, who will be the defensive coordinator, and Marion Hobby, who will handle the defensive line. Welcome aboard, gentlemen. Now don't screw up. (More here.)

RECRUITING: Signing Day is Feb. 2, and Clemson is well on the way to a solid recruiting year. Just last week, we added a commitment from all-state running back James Davis of Atlanta. Here's a look at a list of our verbal commitments.

OK, that's it for now. I promise you, my dozen or so loyal readers, that I will be blogging as much Clemson-football-related material as I can during the off-season.

No comments: